PulseAudio Log Busting

This page has moved.  Please update your links:
http://linuxsagas.digitaleagle.net/2009/09/16/pulseaudio-log-busting/

I have started looking into several of the messages that I have been seeing in my logs to see if I can get rid of some of the bugginess.  For those who like the GUI, I have found a nice app for looking at the logs: Administration > Log File Viewer.

Please comment if you have any ideas on any of these.  At this point, I haven’t tried any fixes.

Message:

Sep 15 06:25:01 pecan pulseaudio[3559]: module-console-kit.c: GetUnixUser() call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method “GetUnixUser” with signature “” on interface “org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session” doesn’t exist

Links:

Bug #390528

Message:

Sep 14 13:59:19 pecan pulseaudio[3559]: alsa-util.c: Device hw:1 doesn’t support 2 channels, changed to 1.

Here are the bug reports I have been looking at:

One possible solution is from this post, where I could make some edits to the /etc/pulse/default.pa file.

I think I might try adding this repository and upgrading to a later version first.  I noticed they are listing version 0.9.17 currently.

Message:

pecan pulseaudio[3559]: protocol-native.c: Failed to push data into queue

This message was while I was on a Skype call.

Links

sounds stops working in 8.10 (Ibex)

They mention that one possible fix is to change the default fragments settings in the default.pa file.  Another suggestion is that upgrading to the latest version might fix it.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: