Here is a little script that I put together that installs Office 2007 for me.
Now, this script makes the following assumptions:
- I already have a directory created called wine in my home directory.
- I want Office installed in a separate directory/wineprefix
- I have the Office CD mounted already at /media/cdrom0
- I have winetricks in my path (which winetricks = /usr/local/bin/winetricks)
Also, just for information, here is my setup
- Ubuntu 8.10
- Wine version 1.1.16
- I believe I installed Wine with apt-get using the repository at http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt
export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/wine/office2007 mkdir $WINEPREFIX winetricks msxml3 dotnet20 gdiplus riched20 riched30 vcrun2005sp1 allfonts ie6 winetricks vista wine /media/cdrom0/setup.exe winetricks winxp
I hope it helps.